- Term Member Virtual Meeting: The Future of E-MobilityPanelists discuss electric mobility and what it means for the future of the transportation and energy sectors. CFR's Stephen M. Kellen Term Member Program hosted this event in collaboration with ABANA.
- Higher Education Webinar: Campus Sustainability and Climate Change Mitigation
- The Conflict in Ethiopia's Tigray Region
- State and Local Officials Webinar: Foreign Policy on the Home Front
- CFR Fellows' Book Launch Series Guest Event: "Awakening—#MeToo and the Global Fight for Women’s Rights"Speakers discuss the new book, Awakening: #MeToo and the Global Fight for Women’s Rights. Since 2017, millions have joined the global movement known as #MeToo, catalyzing an unprecedented wave of women’s activism powered by technology that reaches across borders, races, religions, and economic divides. Awakening is the first book to capture the global impact of this breakthrough […]
- The Origins of COVID-19: Implications for U.S.-China RelationsPanelists discuss the possible origins of COVID-19, including the growing concern that the virus leaked from the Wuhan Virology Lab rather than originating in nature, what the ramifications are for regulating this type of research, and the implications for U.S.-China relations.
- Home and Abroad Series Public Forum: U.S. Immigration PolicyCFR’s Home and Abroad Series Public Forum explores migration trends and the many questions confronting U.S. immigration policy, including but not limited to our southern border.
- Virtual Roundtable: The Rise of Political PartisanshipThe first session of the Threats to American Democracy Roundtable series focuses on the rise of political partisanship. The founders considered factions a grave threat to the new republic. We are now living their nightmare, politics as existential blood sport. Why and how did divisiveness and demagoguery triumph? In this session, two of the world’s leading authorities on the subject discuss […]
- Tensions in UkraineAhead of the proposed July meeting between President Biden and Ukrainian President Zelensky, panelists give an update on U.S.-Ukraine relations and policy options to deal with continuing Russian aggression.
- The Dollar in American Foreign Policy: A Look Back and AheadJeffrey E. Garten, dean emeritus at the Yale School of Management and a former undersecretary of commerce for international trade, is the author of the forthcoming book, Three Days at Camp David: How a Secret Meeting in 1971 Transformed the Global Economy. Garten discusses the historical consequences of the Nixon administration’s decision fifty years ago to […]
Federal Association of German Industry BDI
BDI is “the umbrella organization for a total of 36 industrial sector associations and groups of associations in Germany.”
The BDI has the following 18 committees: Foreign Trade, Committee Digital Technology, Telecommunications and Media, Committee energy and climate policy, monetary, credit and Monetary Affairs Committee, Committee on Health Economics Committee Procurement, Legal Affairs Committee, Special Committee for Industrial Property, Committee commodity policies , Committee on safety, tax Committee, the environment, technology and sustainability, Committee on consumer policy, transport Committee, the competition Rules and technical Committee Education, Vocational Education, Committee on research, innovation and technology policy, and SME Committee, the BDI, the BDA Splits.
The BDI has country offices in 15 states. The leading association is also active at the European level  per euro,  to represent and fulfilled by foreign representatives in London, Washington DC and Tokyo to innerverbandlich important mission, interests against foreign local decision makers. The office in Washington DC ( Representative of German Industry and Trade ) in 1988 together with the Federal Ministry of Economics and Labour and the German Industry and Commerce established. 
- Ireland gives EUR 440,000 to help developing countries better participate in world tradeIreland is contributing EUR 440,000 (close to CHF 480,000) to help developing countries and least-developed countries (LDCs) increase their trade know-how and play a bigger part in global trade. Ireland’s WTO Ambassador, Michael Gaffey, confirmed the contribution at a meeting with Director General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on 29 July at the WTO.
- WTO report: Full trade recovery at risk without equitable vaccine roll-outWTO economies from mid-October 2020 to mid-May 2021 exercised trade policy restraint and refrained from an acceleration of protectionism that would have further harmed a world economy reeling from the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the Director-General’s mid-year report on trade-related developments presented to members on 29 July. The report calls on WTO members to ensure […]
- Informal Trade Policy Review Body meeting — Trade Monitoring ReportRemarks by DG Okonjo-Iweala
- Open trade policies vital to support growth in solar energy, highlights new bookletThe WTO and the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) have launched a new booklet highlighting the need for open trade policies and harmonized product standards to support the deployment of solar photovoltaic (PV) technologies. By assisting an expansion in solar energy, trade can contribute to environmental goals and support economic recovery in the aftermath of […]
- Chair urges members to focus on priorities, outcomes for MC12The chair of the General Council, Ambassador Dacio Castillo (Honduras), urged WTO members to focus on key priority issues and preparing possible outcomes for the organization’s upcoming 12th Ministerial Conference. Speaking at a 27-28 July meeting of the General Council, Ambassador Castillo said he intended to resume work in all areas in early September and […]
- Members agree on 2021 chairs for subsidiary bodies of Goods CouncilThe WTO General Council, on 28 July, noted consensus on a slate of names of chairpersons for the 14 subsidiary bodies that report to the Council for Trade in Goods. Ambassador Dacio Castillo (Honduras), General Council chair, said he will hold consultations with members on how to improve the overall process for the appointment of […]
- Separate Customs Territory of Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen and Matsu gives CHF 144,000 to help LDCs engage in Ministerial ConferenceThe Separate Customs Territory of Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen and Matsu (Chinese Taipei) is contributing CHF 144,000 to help least-developed countries (LDCs) participate in the 12th WTO Ministerial Conference, which will take place the week of 30 November 2021 in Geneva.
- Costa Rica initiates WTO dispute case against Dominican Republic over steel bar dutiesCosta Rica has requested WTO dispute consultations with the Dominican Republic regarding anti-dumping duties imposed by the Dominican Republic on imported corrugated steel bars from Costa Rica. The request was circulated to WTO members on 27 July.
- WTO booklet highlights members’ activities in 2020 on food safety, animal and plant healthA new booklet launched on 27 July highlights strong engagement from WTO members at all levels of development in transparency and prevention of trade disputes. The information contained in the booklet is based on the 2020 review of members’ implementation of the Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (the “SPS Agreement”).
- WTO panel issues report regarding Moroccan duties on school books from TunisiaOn 27 July the WTO circulated the panel report in the case brought by Tunisia in “Morocco — Definitive Anti-Dumping Measures on School Exercise Books from Tunisia” (DS578).
- HotForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsHotForex (HF Markets ltd) is an online forex and commodities trader. It was established in 2010, and has… The post HotForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ThinkMarkets Forex Trading Review – Pros, Cons and Important FindingsThinkMarkets is a forex broker that has set itself above the competition by heavily investing in the technology… The post ThinkMarkets Forex Trading Review – Pros, Cons and Important Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- LiteForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsLiteForex Europe ltd is an online trading platform and brokerage. Established in 2008, the company has grown and… The post LiteForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ATC Brokers Forex Trading Review 2021 – Key Facts and FindingsATC Brokers is an international forex broker. It was established in 2012 in London and has since established… The post ATC Brokers Forex Trading Review 2021 – Key Facts and Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- FXOpen Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsFXOpen AU Pty ltd is an international forex broker that trades globally. The firm has been around for… The post FXOpen Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- How the Forex Market Works and Why is It so Popular?At the outset of their trading career, many prospective traders would have difficulty wrapping their heads on how… The post How the Forex Market Works and Why is It so Popular? appeared first on Open Europe.
- Admiral Markets Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Important Facts and FindingsAdmiral Markets UK ltd is an international broker. The firm has established itself as an award-winning broker which… The post Admiral Markets Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Important Facts and Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- GKFX Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsFounded in 2008, GKFX Financial Services has fast evolved and established itself as a reliable CFD broker. The… The post GKFX Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ActiveTrades Forex Trading Review 2021 – Inspect Before Stepping InFounded in 2001, ActivTrades PLC has eventually made its way to the top as a global forex broker.… The post ActiveTrades Forex Trading Review 2021 – Inspect Before Stepping In appeared first on Open Europe.
- TradeStation Global Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Facts, Findings, and FAQsTradeStation Global is a combined product of TradeStation and Interactive Brokers (IB) that is designed for clients residing… The post TradeStation Global Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Facts, Findings, and FAQs appeared first on Open Europe.