- ISA Luncheon Discussion: Geopolitics in the Middle EastThe CFR Academic luncheon event held in conjunction with the International Studies Association Convention featured a discussion on Geopolitics in the Middle East on Friday, March 17, in Montréal. The conversation featured Steven A. Cook, Eni Enrico Mattei senior fellow for Middle East and Africa studies and director of the International Affairs Fellowship for Tenured International Relations Scholars […]
- How Does the War in Ukraine End?Experts discuss the U.S. policy options available in Ukraine and how the current military situation on the ground affects what the United States should do next to achieve its goal in the region.
- Religion and Foreign Policy Webinar: The Dynamics of the European Union
- Lessons Learned With Margaret (Peggy) HamburgPeggy Hamburg discusses her distinguished career as an internationally recognized leader in science, medicine, and public health. Hamburg served as the twenty-first commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the foreign secretary of the National Academy of Medicine, and the founding vice president and senior scientist at the Nuclear Threat Initiative, and currently chairs the Harvard Medical […]
- Three Years Into the Pandemic: What to Expect?Panelists discuss the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic, the evolution of the virus, vaccinations around the world, and lessons learned for future pandemic preparedness.
- Educators Webinar: "The Bill of Obligations" With Richard HaassDr. Haass, author of the New York Times best seller The Bill of Obligations: The Ten Habits of Good Citizens, discusses how to reenvision citizenship if American democracy is to thrive or even survive. His guide is particularly relevant for college students who are learning how to navigate and participate fully in life on campus […]
- Academic Webinar: U.S. Strategy in East AsiaChris Li, director of research of the Asia-Pacific Initiative and fellow at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at Harvard University, leads the conversation on U.S. strategy in East Asia. FASKIANOS: Thank you. Welcome to today’s session of the Winter/Spring 2023 CFR Academic Webinar Series. I’m Irina Faskianos, vice president of the National […]
- Social Justice Webinar: Social Safety Nets
- Higher Education Webinar: Teaching the History of American DemocracyJeremi Suri, the Mack Brown distinguished chair for leadership in global affairs and professor of public affairs and history at the University of Texas at Austin, leads the conversation on how to teach the history of American democracy. FASKIANOS: Thank you. Welcome to CFR’s Higher Education Webinar. I’m Irina Faskianos, vice president of the National […]
- C. Peter McColough Series on International Economics With Wally AdeyemoAs the one-year mark of the Russian invasion of Ukraine approaches, U.S. Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo discusses the U.S. coalition’s sanctions strategy, its effectiveness, and the challenges that remain. The C. Peter McColough Series on International Economics brings the world’s foremost economic policymakers and scholars to address members on current topics in international economics and U.S. […]
Why Focus on Africa and not Europe
Published 31st August 2018 | By admin
Our trade with Europe is hundreds of Billions. Why is The Government having a trade mission to Africa. Our trade with them is less than 10 Billion.
Why are we pushing a Cabinet Brexit document to the EU that does not improve our chances of promoting trade to America.
Why is the government focusing on a compromise with The EU that is worse than being in The EU,
It is clear that The Government is unable to agree themselves and they are coming up with a document that is a compromise and is a complete waste of time.
Its not a good idea to destroy ourselves. It is better to stay in Europe and push for reforms within the Union.
- Items proposed for consideration at the next meeting of Dispute Settlement BodyThe WTO Secretariat has circulated a meeting notice and list of items proposed for the next meeting, on 31 March 2023, of the Dispute Settlement Body, which consists of all WTO members and oversees legal disputes among them. The meeting notice is circulated in the form of a document officially called an “airgram”.
- DG Okonjo-Iweala: Trade finance is lifeblood for African small businessesIn a video message to a trade finance workshop in Kigali, Rwanda, on 22 March, Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala stressed the importance of dismantling financing barriers for small traders in Africa to increase their participation in global trade. She welcomed the opportunity for dialogue among banks, local government agencies and businesses, underlining this could lead to […]
- Members exchange information on regulatory and legal frameworks on e-commerceWTO members exchanged information on existing regulatory and legal frameworks on e-commerce at a dedicated discussion held under the Work Programme on Electronic Commerce on 22 March. Members also shared national experiences and challenges related to the establishment of those frameworks and the role the WTO can play in this area.
- Japan pledges CHF 160,000 to help developing countries and LDCs broaden trade expertiseJapan is contributing CHF 160,000 in 2023 to fund the participation of government officials from developing countries and least-developed countries (LDCs) in training and other trade capacity building activities delivered by the WTO. This contribution to the WTO’s Global Trust Fund will help these countries enhance their expertise in WTO matters as well as their […]
- Trade thoughts, from Geneva, by Deputy Director-General Anabel GonzálezIroning out diverging standards. One reason for business to support the WTO.
- Trade Perspectives by Xiangchen Zhang Deputy Director-General, WTOA path to prosperity: Harnessing trade to deliver for LDCs
- WTO Director-General receives the 2022 Award of the Group of Francophone AmbassadorsThe Group of Francophone Ambassadors (GAF) Award for 2022 was presented to WTO Director-General Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on 20 March. H.E. Ambassador Makaila Ahmad of Chad, President of the Group of Francophone Ambassadors in Geneva, said that the Group is honoured to present this award to the Director-General on the International Day of La Francophonie.
- DG Okonjo-Iweala calls on members to build on MC12 outcomes to advance development issuesAddressing the special session of the Committee on Trade and Development on 20 March, Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala urged WTO members to “seize” the renewed mandate on addressing special and differential treatment for developing countries and least-developed countries (LDCs) endorsed by ministers at the WTO’s 12th Ministerial Conference (MC12) in June 2022. Highlighting the WTO’s two […]
- DG Okonjo-Iweala: WTO can advance sustainable development goals by delivering results at MC13Speaking at an online event on 20 March, Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala welcomed the contribution made by WTO members in achieving a number of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and said members can help advance further the SDGs by delivering results at the WTO’s 13th Ministerial Conference (MC13) early next year.
- WTO launches call for candidates for the 2024 Young Professionals ProgrammeThe WTO is looking for talented, highly qualified and dynamic individuals to join the 2024 Young Professionals Programme (YPP). A call for applications is now open for the programme, which aims at providing young professionals with an opportunity to develop their skills and gain experience in the field of international trade.
- Mistakes To Avoid For Successful Forex Trading In 2022No one can deny that Forex trading requires experience and needs to learn from many mistakes and losses.… The post Mistakes To Avoid For Successful Forex Trading In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- How Is Forex Taxed? All You Need To KnowForex trading is considered short-term trading because most positions are held for less than a year. In the… The post How Is Forex Taxed? All You Need To Know appeared first on Open Europe.
- Swap-free Account – All You Need to Know AboutHave you heard the term swap-free in the forex world a lot but don’t know its meaning? Or… The post Swap-free Account – All You Need to Know About appeared first on Open Europe.
- Is Forex Trading Worth It In 2022Is it worthwhile to trade forex in 2022 to profit? What are the benefits and drawbacks of FX… The post Is Forex Trading Worth It In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- Hurdles You May Face In Forex TradingNo task is easy in this world. Even eating would be a very complicated process if this weren’t… The post Hurdles You May Face In Forex Trading appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Tools For Forex Traders To Use In 2022As a forex trader, you know that finding the right tools and resources is essential to your success.… The post Best Tools For Forex Traders To Use In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- The 10 Best Websites To Learn Forex Trading In 2022The forex market is highly volatile. Trading in the forex market needs a lot of skills and knowledge.… The post The 10 Best Websites To Learn Forex Trading In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Accounts Types For Forex Trading – Accounts DetailedThe Forex exchange market is the largest and most liquid market globally, where traders purchase and sell currencies… The post Best Accounts Types For Forex Trading – Accounts Detailed appeared first on Open Europe.
- How To Manage A Forex Account? Guide For BeginnersSo you don’t have time to trade and want to learn how to manage a forex account? If… The post How To Manage A Forex Account? Guide For Beginners appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Currency Pairs You Can TradeIn Right NowAre you finding it challenging to pick the currency pair for forex trading? We can understand your confusion… The post Best Currency Pairs You Can TradeIn Right Now appeared first on Open Europe.