- Virtual Screening and Discussion of "In Her Hands"Join our panelists for a discussion of the recently released Netflix documentary film In Her Hands and the future of women’s rights in Afghanistan. Filmed across two turbulent years, In Her Hands tells the story of Zarifa Ghafari, who at twenty six became one of Afghanistan’s first female mayors and the youngest to ever hold the position. The film […]
- A Conversation With Petro PoroshenkoPetro Poroshenko discusses the war in Ukraine, what’s at stake, and prospects for Russia-Ukraine diplomacy.
- Term Member Virtual Meeting: The Future of the United States in the PacificHaving bipartisan support in Congress, the Biden Administration has stated that strengthening partnerships in the Pacific is of utmost importance to meet some of the most pressing challenges of the twenty-first century, including competition with China and combating climate change. Join our speakers for a conversation on U.S. strategic interests in the Pacific and the […]
- Academic Webinar: Religious Literacy in International AffairsSusan Hayward, associate director of the Religious Literacy and the Professions Initiative at Harvard Divinity School, leads the conversation on religious literacy in international affairs. FASKIANOS: Welcome to the final session of the Fall 2022 CFR Academic Webinar Series. I’m Irina Faskianos, vice president of the National Program and Outreach here at CFR. Today’s […]
- Academic Webinar: AI Military Innovation and U.S. Defense StrategyLauren Kahn, research fellow at CFR, leads the conversation on AI military innovation and U.S. defense strategy. FASKIANOS: Thank you, and welcome to today’s session of the Fall 2022 CFR Academic Webinar Series. I’m Irina Faskianos, vice president of the National Program and Outreach at CFR. Today’s discussion is on the record, and the […]
- Religion and Foreign Policy Webinar: The Future of Nuclear Weapons
- Higher Education Webinar: Migration, Refugees, and EducationRebecca Granato, associate vice president for global initiatives at Bard College and program director of the Open Society University Network’s Hubs for Connected Learning Initiatives in Eastern Africa and the MENA region, leads the conversation on migration, refugees, and education. FASKIANOS: Welcome to CFR’s Higher Education Webinar. I’m Irina Faskianos, vice president of the National […]
- An Inside Look at IranPanelists discuss recent developments in Iran, including the ongoing protests and the government’s response, the future of the current regime, the country’s nuclear program, and how these factors influence U.S. policy.
- Social Justice Webinar: Religion and the 2022 Midterm Elections
- Renewing America Series: A New Path Forward on Immigration ReformOur panelists discuss U.S. immigration policy, prospects for immigration law reform, and the political and economic implications of immigration in the United States. With its Renewing America initiative, CFR is evaluating nine critical domestic issues that shape the ability of the United States to navigate a demanding, competitive, and dangerous world. This project is made possible in part […]
Second Referendum is our only hope
The Election failed to show us any way forward.We are now in a worse situation.
We have to reconsider our situation and ask the public to reconsider their situation NOW before we negotiate with the EU
We need to have another referendum.
We also need to state on the voting document
If we vote out it will make us poorer.
If we vote in our economy will be better
- TESSD High-Level Stocktaking EventRemarks by DG Okonjo-Iweala
- Members take stock of sustainability discussions, signal priorities for concrete actionWTO members participating in the Trade and Environmental Sustainability Structured Discussions (TESSD) on 2 December held a high-level event to take stock of progress made this year and to signal their priorities for further work ahead of the 13th Ministerial Conference (MC13). Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, opening the event, lauded the members for exploring new trade […]
- TESSD High-Level Stocktaking EventRemarks by Deputy Director-General Jean-Marie Paugam
- Members put trade facilitation support in sharper focus, aim to close gaps in next 2 yearsWTO members on 1 December held focused discussions on how to better assist developing and least-developed countries in meeting their commitment to implement certain provisions of the Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) in 2023 and 2024. Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala called for more cooperation amid global shocks and technological advances to ensure no member is left behind.
- E-commerce negotiators vow to intensify work in coming yearAt their last meeting of the year, participants in the negotiations on e-commerce intensified their efforts from 28 November-1 December to bridge differences on text proposals. The co-convenors of the negotiations — Australia, Japan and Singapore — set out a road map for future work, aiming to accelerate the pace in 2023.
- Trade Facilitation Committee — Dedicated Session on Technical Assistance and Capacity Building SupportRemarks by DG Okonjo-Iweala
- DG Okonjo-Iweala: “We must move from discussion and reflection to action”In her report to a meeting of the Trade Negotiations Committee (TNC) on 30 November, Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala urged WTO members to deliver on the promises of the successful 12th Ministerial Conference (MC12) last June and move forward on the future work agenda set out by ministers at that meeting.
- WTO issues 2022 edition of flagship statistical publicationThe WTO issued today (30 November) the latest edition of the World Trade Statistical Review, the WTO’s annual analysis of the most recent trends in global trade.
- WTO dispute panel issues report regarding Indonesian measures on nickel oreOn 30 November, the WTO circulated the panel report in the case brought by the European Union in “Indonesia — Measures Relating to Raw Materials” (DS592).
- Parliamentarians from Latin America and Caribbean discuss challenges facing world trade, MC12 outcomesMore than 35 parliamentarians from Latin America and the Caribbean attended a joint Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)-WTO workshop in Buenos Aires on 28 and 29 November to discuss the challenges facing the multilateral trading system and the legislative work required to implement the outcomes of the WTO’s 12th Ministerial Conference (MC12) held in June 2022. The […]
- Mistakes To Avoid For Successful Forex Trading In 2022No one can deny that Forex trading requires experience and needs to learn from many mistakes and losses.… The post Mistakes To Avoid For Successful Forex Trading In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- How Is Forex Taxed? All You Need To KnowForex trading is considered short-term trading because most positions are held for less than a year. In the… The post How Is Forex Taxed? All You Need To Know appeared first on Open Europe.
- Swap-free Account – All You Need to Know AboutHave you heard the term swap-free in the forex world a lot but don’t know its meaning? Or… The post Swap-free Account – All You Need to Know About appeared first on Open Europe.
- Is Forex Trading Worth It In 2022Is it worthwhile to trade forex in 2022 to profit? What are the benefits and drawbacks of FX… The post Is Forex Trading Worth It In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- Hurdles You May Face In Forex TradingNo task is easy in this world. Even eating would be a very complicated process if this weren’t… The post Hurdles You May Face In Forex Trading appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Tools For Forex Traders To Use In 2022As a forex trader, you know that finding the right tools and resources is essential to your success.… The post Best Tools For Forex Traders To Use In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- The 10 Best Websites To Learn Forex Trading In 2022The forex market is highly volatile. Trading in the forex market needs a lot of skills and knowledge.… The post The 10 Best Websites To Learn Forex Trading In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Accounts Types For Forex Trading – Accounts DetailedThe Forex exchange market is the largest and most liquid market globally, where traders purchase and sell currencies… The post Best Accounts Types For Forex Trading – Accounts Detailed appeared first on Open Europe.
- How To Manage A Forex Account? Guide For BeginnersSo you don’t have time to trade and want to learn how to manage a forex account? If… The post How To Manage A Forex Account? Guide For Beginners appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Currency Pairs You Can TradeIn Right NowAre you finding it challenging to pick the currency pair for forex trading? We can understand your confusion… The post Best Currency Pairs You Can TradeIn Right Now appeared first on Open Europe.