- Higher Education Webinar: Transforming International Affairs Education to Address Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Virtual Roundtable: Major Power Rivalry in East AsiaThe risks of conflict between the United States and China are real and growing. This situation has left the U.S.-China relationship in a precarious place that will require delicate diplomacy in order to manage intensifying competition while preventing conflict. Panelists discuss “Major Power Rivalry in East Asia,” a paper by Evan S. Medeiros in the […]
- Renewing America Series: Reskilling and the Future of Work Post-PandemicPanelists discuss the changing nature of America’s workforce and the urgency to reskill workers exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, including issues around automation, labor markets, and the future of remote work. CFR’s Renewing America initiative shines a spotlight on the domestic underpinnings of U.S. competitiveness to find ways to raise living standards at home and […]
- Virtual Roundtable: The Politics of Primary Health Care
- The Future of Work in the COVID-19 EconomyCOVID-19 has accelerated economic trends, such as virtual work and automation that will reshape the future of work. How can governments, multilateral organizations, and the private sector promote economic recovery for those hardest hit in the COVID-19 economy, including women, people of color, and lower-wage workers? What skills will become more or less in-demand? How […]
- A Conversation With State Councilor Wang Yi of ChinaState Councilor Wang Yi discusses China's foreign and domestic policies, including the impact of COVID-19 and the future of relations with the United States.
- C. Peter McColough Series on International Economics With Lawrence H. SummersLawrence H. Summers discusses the U.S. economic recovery, the Biden administration's stimulus and infrastructure plans, possible inflation risks, and the implications for the global economy. The C. Peter McColough Series on International Economics brings the world's foremost economic policymakers and scholars to address members on current topics in international economics and U.S. monetary policy. This meeting series is […]
- Transition 2021 Series: What's Next for U.S.-Iran Relations?Panelists discuss U.S. policy toward Iran under the Biden administration and how changes in U.S. policy will affect relations with other countries in the Middle East. The Transition 2021 series examines the major foreign policy issues confronting the Biden administration.
- School Policy Decisions During COVID-19Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, speaks on the considerations schools face in terms of reopening, taking into account their individual needs as well as public health and CDC recommendations. Jacob Carpenter, education reporter at the Houston Chronicle, discusses best practices for framing stories related to this topic. Carla Anne Robbins, adjunct […]
- Preventing the Next Pandemic: Leveraging Technology for Early Warning of Spreading Infectious Illness.The rapid rate of infection in the ongoing pandemic is catalyzing technological innovation to prevent the next potential pandemic from ever reaching a global scale. Technology is the essential tool for early testing, detection, and tracking. Through the use of modern data science techniques to develop epidemiological forecast models and personal technology such as smart […]
- Oxfam commissions independent evaluation of 3 major food companies' assessments on gender inequality in West Africa
- ONG le pide al Atlético de Madrid reconsiderar el patrocinio que recibe de Azerbaiyán dados los abusos de derechos humanos en ese país
- UK: NGOs condemn decision by OECD Natl. Contact Point to reject complaint against G4S over its alleged involvement with Guantanamo Bay
- Казахстан: Отчет НПО отмечает, что телекоммуникационные компании недостаточно внимания уделяют правам человека
- Indonesian villagers' Alien Tort lawsuit against ExxonMobil may proceed in US court
- Court documents show Shell warned about “risk and hazard” of pipeline before oil spill that affected livelihoods of Bodo community in Nigeria; includes company comments
- Myanmar companies perform weakest on human rights transparency according to report on corporate transparency by Myanmar Centre for Responsible Business
- Report reviews social & environmental practices of Sweden's 4 biggest shoe chains
- UNICEF publishes reports on children's rights impacts in the extractive industry
- Bangladesh: Lidl supplier, BEO Apparel, accused of intimidating, beating & firing union members who complained about health & safety
Brexit and an Election WHAT NEXT ?
Having an election before Brexit. This appears to gives the Government a chance to impose more ways of getting our money. ie rewrite the Manifesto.
WHOSE THE PENSIONER VOTING CONSERVATIVE
The country has also had to accept for years that dementia is not an illness and we have to pay for it. Really?
Now The Government are kidding us that 100 K is the way forward and we should be content with the government allowing us to keep 100 K of our inheritance. By the way you pay everything else over when your dead.
The election is unfortunately a diversion. We should be thinking more about Brexit and dealing with it.
We have unfortunately managed to get ourselves into voting for Brexit because Cameron could not work with the European Union. There is a need for The European Union to change attitude and work more for the countries they represent.
That does not mean we stop immigrants. Control it maybe if you can.
We need immigrants from Europe to work with us and for us. So why don’t we go with Europe policy for now and wait for them modify their immigration policy. There is nothing stopping us monitoring the immigration without restriction unless they are criminal etc.
Trading-do we want to trade outside The European Union . Europe are are neighbours and our friends. We should trade with them first. They are on our doorstep.
Are the conservatives going in the right way to improve living and trading conditions. I think not.
- Statement of Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on USTR Tai’s statement on the TRIPS waiver“I read with interest the statement made yesterday by USTR Katherine Tai and I warmly welcome her willingness to engage with proponents of a temporary waiver of the TRIPS Agreement to help in combatting the COVID-19 pandemic. As I told the General Council yesterday, we need to respond urgently to COVID-19 because the world is […]
- Trade and public health, fish subsidies and LDC concerns in General Council spotlightEnsuring access to essential medical goods during a pandemic, securing a global deal on prohibiting harmful fisheries subsidies and addressing the concerns of “graduating” least developed countries were among the topics discussed at the 5-6 May meeting of the WTO’s General Council. Members also exchanged views on the WTO’s continuing work on electronic commerce and […]
- DG Okonjo-Iweala underlines urgent need to address equitable access to vaccinesWTO members must respond urgently to the need for a multilateral solution to ensure equitable access to vaccines worldwide, Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala declared on 5 May, describing it as the “moral and economic issue of our time”. The WTO chief made her remarks at a meeting of the organization’s General Council, where the issue of […]
- General CouncilRemarks by DG Okonjo-Iweala on the IP waiver
- WTO opens online registration for 2021 Public ForumOnline registration for the 2021 Public Forum is now open. The main theme for this year’s Forum, which will be held from 28 to 30 September, is “Trade beyond COVID-19: Building Resilience”.
- DG Okonjo-Iweala announces her four Deputy Directors-GeneralDirector-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala today (4 May) announced the appointment of Angela Ellard of the United States, Anabel González of Costa Rica, Ambassador Jean-Marie Paugam of France and Ambassador Xiangchen Zhang of China as her four Deputy Directors-General.
- EIF launches policy briefs to develop trade opportunities for least-developed countriesThe Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF) released on 4 May three policy briefs recommending actions to boost the participation of least-developed countries (LDCs) in international trade. The briefs look at integrating trade into sustainable development strategies, using tourism to support recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and strengthening value chains in the clothing sector in LDCs.
- TRIPS@25 webinar: Leading economists to explore the economics of IP and tradeA panel of leading international economists will explore the evolving relationship between the intellectual property (IP) system and international trade at a virtual seminar organized by the WTO for 4 May 2021. The webinar forms part of a series of events to mark the 25th anniversary of the WTO Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual […]
- Members discuss contours of potential MC12 deliverablesHeads of WTO member delegations today exchanged views about issues on which they can realistically reach agreements in the run-up to the 12th Ministerial Conference (MC12) later this year, and what needs to happen to make such deals possible. Fisheries subsidies, agriculture and the COVID-19 pandemic featured prominently in the discussions, with several members stressing […]
- WTO launches Virtual Course on Trade and Public Health with special focus on COVID-19The WTO, in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), launched on 3 May 2021 its first Virtual Course on Trade and Public Health, which focuses on the COVID-19 pandemic.
- HotForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsHotForex (HF Markets ltd) is an online forex and commodities trader. It was established in 2010, and has… The post HotForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ThinkMarkets Forex Trading Review – Pros, Cons and Important FindingsThinkMarkets is a forex broker that has set itself above the competition by heavily investing in the technology… The post ThinkMarkets Forex Trading Review – Pros, Cons and Important Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- LiteForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsLiteForex Europe ltd is an online trading platform and brokerage. Established in 2008, the company has grown and… The post LiteForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ATC Brokers Forex Trading Review 2021 – Key Facts and FindingsATC Brokers is an international forex broker. It was established in 2012 in London and has since established… The post ATC Brokers Forex Trading Review 2021 – Key Facts and Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- FXOpen Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsFXOpen AU Pty ltd is an international forex broker that trades globally. The firm has been around for… The post FXOpen Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- How the Forex Market Works and Why is It so Popular?At the outset of their trading career, many prospective traders would have difficulty wrapping their heads on how… The post How the Forex Market Works and Why is It so Popular? appeared first on Open Europe.
- Admiral Markets Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Important Facts and FindingsAdmiral Markets UK ltd is an international broker. The firm has established itself as an award-winning broker which… The post Admiral Markets Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Important Facts and Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- GKFX Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsFounded in 2008, GKFX Financial Services has fast evolved and established itself as a reliable CFD broker. The… The post GKFX Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ActiveTrades Forex Trading Review 2021 – Inspect Before Stepping InFounded in 2001, ActivTrades PLC has eventually made its way to the top as a global forex broker.… The post ActiveTrades Forex Trading Review 2021 – Inspect Before Stepping In appeared first on Open Europe.
- TradeStation Global Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Facts, Findings, and FAQsTradeStation Global is a combined product of TradeStation and Interactive Brokers (IB) that is designed for clients residing… The post TradeStation Global Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Facts, Findings, and FAQs appeared first on Open Europe.