- Home and Abroad Public Forum: The Climate CrisisThis CFR Home and Abroad Public Forum discusses current and projected climate change, options for reducing emissions, and policies to help communities adapt to a changing climate. This event is part of CFR’s Home and Abroad series, which explores issues at the nexus of U.S. domestic and foreign policy that affect America’s role in the world.
- The Evolving Military Balance in the Taiwan StraitPanelists discuss the risk of an armed conflict between the United States and China over Taiwan and how the United States should adapt its defense strategy to meet the China challenge.
- Virtual Roundtable: The Future of Hong Kong
- C. Peter McColough Series on International Economics With Tiff MacklemTiff Macklem of the Bank of Canada discusses the major trends and challenges facing the global financial architecture, what’s at stake for Canada, and how to evolve it for the 21st century. The C. Peter McColough Series on International Economics brings the world's foremost economic policymakers and scholars to address members on current topics in international economics […]
- Academic Webinar: Balancing the Indo-Pacific
- Young Professionals Briefing: The Future of Democracy Around the WorldPanelists discuss democratic backsliding, the rights of marginalized populations living under authoritarian regimes, and the prospects for and obstacles against democratic movements around the world. The CFR Young Professionals Briefing Series provides an opportunity for those early in their careers to engage with CFR. The briefings feature remarks by experts on critical global issues and […]
- The Latest Developments on COVID-19Our panelists discuss the latest COVID-19 developments, the risks of the Delta variant, mask and vaccine mandates, booster shots, and the possible ramifications of many students and workers returning to in-person settings.
- The Changing Landscape of Terrorism in the United States
- Virtual Roundtable: The Rise of Economic InequalityThe rich have gotten richer as workers’ wages have stagnated, social mobility has declined, and regional economic divisions have sharpened. Who wouldn’t be angry? In this second session in The Threats to American Democracy Roundtable Series, two of the world’s leading authorities on the subject discuss. The Threats to American Democracy Roundtable Series explores various […]
- Supply Chain Economy: Understanding Innovation in ServicesSupply chains are an integral part of the American economy and actively drive U.S. innovation. However, what is included in the term has lacked an empirical definition. Reviewing the suppliers and creating a new categorization that separates supply chain industries (i.e., those that sell their goods and services primarily to other businesses or governments) from […]
THE POWER OF THE EU
Leaving The EU is much more complicated than we all thought. Do we continue in it and change the rules.
Employment- We still need to allow employers employ Euro Nationals. We have do not have enough trained educated candidates in the UK. Extreme control over stopping immigration will be harmful and disaster for us.
Trade- its good that we could get trading with who we want. There is still a strong need to continual trading with Europe.running the two systems would be better for all EU Members
- Members pursue convergence for an IP COVID-19 responseAt a meeting of the Council for Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) on 13-14 October 2021, WTO members noted encouraging exchanges at recent small group discussions and bilateral meetings which helped to identify points of convergence on how to provide a common intellectual property (IP) response to COVID-19. The chair of the TRIPS […]
- Turkey launches safeguard investigation on grinding balls and similar articles for millsOn 13 October 2021, Turkey notified the WTO’s Committee on Safeguards that it initiated on 9 October 2021 a safeguard investigation on grinding balls and similar articles for mills.
- Trade Policy Review: Republic of KoreaThe eighth review of the trade policies and practices of the Republic of Korea takes place on 13 and 15 October 2021. The basis for the review is a report by the WTO Secretariat and a report by the Government of the Republic of Korea.
- New webpage to mark government procurement pact anniversaryThe WTO released on 12 October a new webpage to mark a dual anniversary for the WTO’s plurilateral Agreement on Government Procurement (GPA). The first version of the Agreement was adopted 40 years ago in 1981, during the days of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), while the first WTO GPA entered into […]
- WTO briefs members and observers on COVID-19 related initiatives and analysisOver 180 representatives from 111 members and observers participated on 12 October in a virtual information session on the WTO Secretariat’s work to support equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines.
- WTO issues new edition of “Trade Profiles”The WTO issued today (11 October) the latest edition of its annual statistical publication, Trade Profiles, which provides a series of key indicators on merchandise trade and trade in commercial services for 197 economies.
- Market Access Committee updates WTO members on COVID-19 trade-related measuresAt the formal meeting of the Committee on Market Access on 11 October, members were updated on trade-related measures related to COVID-19 and on the Joint Indicative List of Critical COVID-19 Vaccine Inputs compiled by the WTO Secretariat. Members also heard the report by the chair of the Committee, Mr Chakarin Komolsiri of Thailand, on […]
- West African nations urged to use regional value chains as means to diversify exportsMaintaining open value chains and predictable mechanisms to support them is key to ensure access to goods and services needed for industrial development and job creation in West Africa, Mr Eloi Laourou, Senior Advisor to the WTO Director-General, said on 11 October. Speaking at a conference co-organised by the University Cheikh Anta Diop (Senegal) and […]
- DDG Zhang: A successful MC12 is critical for reinvigorating the WTOSpeaking at the Fifth Singapore-WTO Policy Dialogue on the World Trading System on 11 October, Deputy Director-General Xiangchen Zhang underlined the importance for WTO members to deliver concrete results at the organization’s upcoming 12th Ministerial Conference (MC12). He briefed senior government officials from the Asia-Pacific region on the state of play in key areas of […]
- WTO issues papers on vaccine inputs tariffs and bottlenecks on critical COVID-19 productsThe WTO Secretariat has published two information notes on issues relating to the manufacturing of COVID-19 vaccines.
- HotForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsHotForex (HF Markets ltd) is an online forex and commodities trader. It was established in 2010, and has… The post HotForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ThinkMarkets Forex Trading Review – Pros, Cons and Important FindingsThinkMarkets is a forex broker that has set itself above the competition by heavily investing in the technology… The post ThinkMarkets Forex Trading Review – Pros, Cons and Important Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- LiteForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsLiteForex Europe ltd is an online trading platform and brokerage. Established in 2008, the company has grown and… The post LiteForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ATC Brokers Forex Trading Review 2021 – Key Facts and FindingsATC Brokers is an international forex broker. It was established in 2012 in London and has since established… The post ATC Brokers Forex Trading Review 2021 – Key Facts and Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- FXOpen Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsFXOpen AU Pty ltd is an international forex broker that trades globally. The firm has been around for… The post FXOpen Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- How the Forex Market Works and Why is It so Popular?At the outset of their trading career, many prospective traders would have difficulty wrapping their heads on how… The post How the Forex Market Works and Why is It so Popular? appeared first on Open Europe.
- Admiral Markets Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Important Facts and FindingsAdmiral Markets UK ltd is an international broker. The firm has established itself as an award-winning broker which… The post Admiral Markets Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Important Facts and Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- GKFX Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsFounded in 2008, GKFX Financial Services has fast evolved and established itself as a reliable CFD broker. The… The post GKFX Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ActiveTrades Forex Trading Review 2021 – Inspect Before Stepping InFounded in 2001, ActivTrades PLC has eventually made its way to the top as a global forex broker.… The post ActiveTrades Forex Trading Review 2021 – Inspect Before Stepping In appeared first on Open Europe.
- TradeStation Global Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Facts, Findings, and FAQsTradeStation Global is a combined product of TradeStation and Interactive Brokers (IB) that is designed for clients residing… The post TradeStation Global Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Facts, Findings, and FAQs appeared first on Open Europe.