Brexit is still not looking well
The government seem to be doing what governments are good at. Do every thing the population do not want.
Most people probably voted out because the EU would not listen and would not put some control over immigration. I say control I do not mean preventing or creating state registers.
I agree Human rights also made it difficult for governments to have some control ie to prevent the wrong people getting into a country. How far do we want to control. We will never be able to control everyone and why would we want to.
- WTO, WCO publication looks at how new technologies can assist cross-border tradeA joint publication entitled “Study Report on Disruptive Technologies” was launched by WTO Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and World Customs Organization (WCO) Secretary-General Kunio Mikuriya at a virtual event today (3 October). The publication reviews how so-called disruptive technologies, such as blockchain, the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and machine learning, can help to improve the […]
- Working Party welcomes strong commitment by Timor-Leste to join WTO in 2023WTO members noted the decisive steps taken by Timor-Leste over the past few months towards concluding WTO accession negotiations at the fourth meeting of the Working Party on the Accession of Timor-Leste on 30 September. The Government of Timor-Leste underlined that WTO membership is a strategic priority, together with membership of the Association of Southeast […]
- Public Forum session highlights importance of youth engagement in trade and peacebuildingA Public Forum session on 30 September entitled “The Missing Peace” looked into how to involve youth in trade, policy-making and peacebuilding for a more sustainable future. In her opening remarks, Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said: “I always say the WTO is about people — about making people’s lives better — and this has to include […]
- Virtual workshop on import licensing and notifications concludesA total of 71 government officials from developing and least-developed countries (LDCs) attended the WTO Workshop on Import Licensing and Notifications held virtually in English and Spanish from 27 to 29 September. The workshop aimed at strengthening the participants’ capacity to comply with notification obligations under WTO rules.
- Public Forum explores role of trade in accelerating transition to a green economyLeading representatives from international organisations, the private sector and academia discussed on 29 September how trade rules can be strengthened to address the environmental challenges the world is facing. At the high-level session on “Delivering a Trade Agenda for a Sustainable Future”, panellists shared their views about possible ways to reinforce partnerships between the various […]
- With right tools and policies, women can break the glass ceiling in trade — DG Okonjo-IwealaA high-level session held on Day 3 of the Public Forum showcased the experiences of women entrepreneurs in overcoming barriers in sectors traditionally dominated by men. Introductory remarks were delivered by Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and International Trade Centre head, Pamela Coke-Hamilton, who stressed that participating in trade can empower women. “With the right tools to […]
- Put landmark Fisheries Subsidies Agreement into motion, governments urged at Public ForumWTO members must seize the opportunity to take a major step forward for ocean sustainability by setting into motion the implementation of the historic Agreement on Fisheries Subsidies, speakers said in a Public Forum session held on 28 September. Work needs to be urgently undertaken for members to align their policies at home to implement […]
- High-level panel explores the need to leverage technology to promote inclusive growthNew technologies can help businesses play a bigger part in world trade but more needs to be done to tackle the digital divide, said a high-level panel at the 2022 Public Forum on 28 September. Coordinated action on this issue is more important than ever as the world grapples with an unprecedented series of crises […]
- Gender Research Hub highlights WTO’s growing role in making trade more inclusiveWomen’s economic empowerment is making further inroads into the WTO’s work, according to experts speaking at the third Think Up! session of the WTO Gender Research Hub, held on 27 September as part of the WTO Public Forum. Speakers explained how gender equality in trade is being discussed within several multilateral trade bodies and gaining […]
- Public Forum 2022 opens with DG Okonjo-Iweala warning against “business as usual”The WTO’s 2022 Public Forum opened on 27 September with Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala warning that the world faces multiple crises which will require new ways of thinking about trade and how the WTO works. The Director-General delivered her remarks at the opening of the Forum, the theme of which is “Towards a sustainable and inclusive […]
- Mistakes To Avoid For Successful Forex Trading In 2022No one can deny that Forex trading requires experience and needs to learn from many mistakes and losses.… The post Mistakes To Avoid For Successful Forex Trading In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- How Is Forex Taxed? All You Need To KnowForex trading is considered short-term trading because most positions are held for less than a year. In the… The post How Is Forex Taxed? All You Need To Know appeared first on Open Europe.
- Swap-free Account – All You Need to Know AboutHave you heard the term swap-free in the forex world a lot but don’t know its meaning? Or… The post Swap-free Account – All You Need to Know About appeared first on Open Europe.
- Is Forex Trading Worth It In 2022Is it worthwhile to trade forex in 2022 to profit? What are the benefits and drawbacks of FX… The post Is Forex Trading Worth It In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- Hurdles You May Face In Forex TradingNo task is easy in this world. Even eating would be a very complicated process if this weren’t… The post Hurdles You May Face In Forex Trading appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Tools For Forex Traders To Use In 2022As a forex trader, you know that finding the right tools and resources is essential to your success.… The post Best Tools For Forex Traders To Use In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- The 10 Best Websites To Learn Forex Trading In 2022The forex market is highly volatile. Trading in the forex market needs a lot of skills and knowledge.… The post The 10 Best Websites To Learn Forex Trading In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Accounts Types For Forex Trading – Accounts DetailedThe Forex exchange market is the largest and most liquid market globally, where traders purchase and sell currencies… The post Best Accounts Types For Forex Trading – Accounts Detailed appeared first on Open Europe.
- How To Manage A Forex Account? Guide For BeginnersSo you don’t have time to trade and want to learn how to manage a forex account? If… The post How To Manage A Forex Account? Guide For Beginners appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Currency Pairs You Can TradeIn Right NowAre you finding it challenging to pick the currency pair for forex trading? We can understand your confusion… The post Best Currency Pairs You Can TradeIn Right Now appeared first on Open Europe.