Brexit is still not looking well
The government seem to be doing what governments are good at. Do every thing the population do not want.
Most people probably voted out because the EU would not listen and would not put some control over immigration. I say control I do not mean preventing or creating state registers.
I agree Human rights also made it difficult for governments to have some control ie to prevent the wrong people getting into a country. How far do we want to control. We will never be able to control everyone and why would we want to.
- Items proposed for consideration at the next meeting of Dispute Settlement BodyThe WTO Secretariat has circulated a meeting notice and list of items proposed for the next meeting, on 31 May 2022, of the Dispute Settlement Body, which consists of all WTO members and oversees legal disputes among them. The meeting notice is circulated in the form of a document officially called an “airgram”.
- Exports of intermediate goods see continued growth in fourth quarter of 2021World exports of intermediate goods (IGs) continued to grow in the fourth quarter of 2021, increasing by 21 per cent year on year, according to a WTO report released on 25 May.
- Online training on WTO activities concludes for officials from least-developed countriesA total of 40 participants from 17 of the world’s poorest countries completed, on 25 May, a five-week introductory training course online covering the work of the WTO and the multilateral trading system.
- Deadline of 1 June for submitting proposals for 2022 Public ForumProposals for this year’s Public Forum — entitled “Towards a sustainable and inclusive recovery: ambition to action” — must be submitted by 1 June 2022. Individuals interested in organizing sessions at the Forum, to be held on 27-30 September, are invited to complete an online application form.
- New study looks at challenges and opportunities of LDCs’ accession to WTOThe WTO launched on 24 May a paper that explores the impact of WTO accession on least-developed countries (LDCs) and the best practices established for LDC accessions based on the experience of the nine countries that have joined the WTO as LDCs. The study traces the evolution of the WTO approach to LDC accessions and […]
- Plastics dialogue discusses MC12 plans, next steps to implement Ministerial StatementAt a meeting of the Informal Dialogue on Plastics Pollution and Environmentally Sustainable Plastics Trade (IDP) on 24 May, participants discussed plans for the 12th Ministerial Conference (MC12) on 12-15 June and the next steps to implement the Ministerial Statement issued in December 2021. Deputy Director-General Jean-Marie Paugam reiterated the need for the IDP to […]
- DDG Paugam: WTO is actively participating in efforts to preserve global food securityKeeping trade open, monitoring governments’ trade measures and reducing market distortions are the three lines of action the WTO and its members are pursuing to address a looming global food crisis, Deputy Director-General Jean-Marie Paugam said at a virtual session of the Paris Peace Forum on 24 May. He stressed that the WTO is working […]
- Members reach consensus on 2022 chairs for subsidiary bodies of Goods CouncilWTO members reached consensus on 23 May on a slate of names of the chairpersons for the 14 subsidiary bodies that report to the Council for Trade in Goods. The chair of the Goods Council, Mr Etienne Oudot De Dainville (France), thanked members for their constructive spirit and flexibilities in reaching consensus before the 12th […]
- Goods barometer remains flat as Ukraine conflict, COVID-19 weigh on tradeThe conflict in Ukraine and recent pandemic-related lockdowns in China appear to be dampening global goods trade in the first half of 2022, according to the latest WTO Goods Trade Barometer. The current reading of 99.0 remains slightly below the baseline value of 100 for the index, which is a forward-looking composite of real-time indicators, […]
- DG Okonjo-Iweala underlines need to help African small businesses access trade financeDirector-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala underscored the pressing need for trade finance in African countries, especially for small businesses, at a workshop organized jointly by Côte d’Ivoire, the WTO and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) on 23 May. She said the event provided an opportunity for dialogue between businesses and banks, with the aim of helping small […]
- Mistakes To Avoid For Successful Forex Trading In 2022No one can deny that Forex trading requires experience and needs to learn from many mistakes and losses.… The post Mistakes To Avoid For Successful Forex Trading In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- How Is Forex Taxed? All You Need To KnowForex trading is considered short-term trading because most positions are held for less than a year. In the… The post How Is Forex Taxed? All You Need To Know appeared first on Open Europe.
- Swap-free Account – All You Need to Know AboutHave you heard the term swap-free in the forex world a lot but don’t know its meaning? Or… The post Swap-free Account – All You Need to Know About appeared first on Open Europe.
- Is Forex Trading Worth It In 2022Is it worthwhile to trade forex in 2022 to profit? What are the benefits and drawbacks of FX… The post Is Forex Trading Worth It In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- Hurdles You May Face In Forex TradingNo task is easy in this world. Even eating would be a very complicated process if this weren’t… The post Hurdles You May Face In Forex Trading appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Tools For Forex Traders To Use In 2022As a forex trader, you know that finding the right tools and resources is essential to your success.… The post Best Tools For Forex Traders To Use In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- The 10 Best Websites To Learn Forex Trading In 2022The forex market is highly volatile. Trading in the forex market needs a lot of skills and knowledge.… The post The 10 Best Websites To Learn Forex Trading In 2022 appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Accounts Types For Forex Trading – Accounts DetailedThe Forex exchange market is the largest and most liquid market globally, where traders purchase and sell currencies… The post Best Accounts Types For Forex Trading – Accounts Detailed appeared first on Open Europe.
- How To Manage A Forex Account? Guide For BeginnersSo you don’t have time to trade and want to learn how to manage a forex account? If… The post How To Manage A Forex Account? Guide For Beginners appeared first on Open Europe.
- Best Currency Pairs You Can TradeIn Right NowAre you finding it challenging to pick the currency pair for forex trading? We can understand your confusion… The post Best Currency Pairs You Can TradeIn Right Now appeared first on Open Europe.