- Academic Webinar: African Politics and Security IssuesMichelle Gavin, CFR’s Ralph Bunche senior fellow for Africa policy studies, leads a conversation on African politics and security issues. FASKIANOS: Welcome to today’s session of the CFR fall of 2021 Academic Webinar Series. I’m Irina Faskianos, vice president of the National Program and Outreach at CFR. Today’s discussion is on the record […]
- COVID-19 Vaccines and Religious Exemptions
- Virtual Roundtable: The Cycle of American History
- After Glasgow: The Good, the Bad, and the HopefulOur panelists review the recent COP26 climate summit in Glasgow, including climate action since the Paris Accords and how governments and businesses can step up to address the complex challenges of climate change and adaptation.
- Virtual Roundtable: The Coming Digital Transformation of Currencies and Financial Markets
- State and Local Officials Webinar on Artificial Intelligence: Uses and Regulation By Local Government
- Paul C. Warnke Lecture on International Security: A Conversation With Walter PincusWalter Pincus discusses nuclear security, the testing history of nuclear weapons, and the potential fallout of using nuclear weapons in war. The Paul C. Warnke Lecture on International Security was established in 2002 and is endowed by a number of Council members and the family and friends of Paul C. Warnke. The lecture commemorates his […]
- Academic Webinar: Energy Policy and Efforts to Combat Climate ChangeJason Bordoff, cofounding dean, Columbia Climate School, founding director of the Center on Global Energy Policy, and professor of professional practice in international and public affairs at Columbia University, leads a conversation on energy policy and efforts to combat climate change. FASKIANOS: Welcome to today’s session of the CFR Fall 2021 Academic Webinar Series. […]
- Centennial Speaker Series Session 9: The Future of World OrderPlease join Richard Haass and Fareed Zakaria for a conversation of U.S. grand strategy and world order in the 21st century. This meeting is the ninth and final session in CFR’s centennial speaker series, The 21st Century World: Big Challenges & Big Ideas, which features some of today’s leading thinkers and tackles issues that will define […]
- Higher Education Webinar: The Role of Hispanic-Serving InstitutionsAntonio Flores, president and chief executive officer of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), leads a conversation on the role of Hispanic-Serving Institutions in higher education. FASKIANOS: Welcome to CFR’s Higher Education Webinar. I’m Irina Faskianos, vice president of the National Program and Outreach here at CFR. Today’s discussion is on the record, […]
Most of the cameras installed in UK government sites appear to be made in China.
Its time the orders were given to a company that is UK based.
Hinkley Point Power Station the other issue- Will it ever get built maybe The Government takes that view.
We will see how we get on with the high powered batteries concept that is built into houses to store wind and solar energy.
- Trade thoughts, from Geneva — By DDG Anabel GonzálezOmicron stopped trade ministers from meeting. It need not stop WTO members from delivering.
- Trade Policy Review: TajikistanThe first review of the trade policies and practices of Tajikistan takes place on 6 and 8 December 2021. The basis for the review is a report by the WTO Secretariat and a report by the Government of Tajikistan.
- DDG Ellard cites role of WTO in promoting open markets, need for transatlantic cooperationSpeaking to the American Chamber of Commerce in Germany’s Transatlantic Business Conference on 3 December, Deputy Director-General Angela Ellard discussed the role of the WTO in promoting open markets and rules-based free trade as well as the importance of transatlantic cooperation. She noted that a common transatlantic position on critical trade issues helps increase the […]
- Lao PDR joins information technology agreementsThe Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR) has become a new participant of both the WTO’s Information Technology Agreement (ITA) and ITA Expansion (ITA II), making it the first least developed country to join these agreements.
- Working group on small business launches Trade4MSMEs platformThe Informal Working Group on Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) on 2 December launched the Trade4MSMEs platform, a tool aimed at helping small companies find trade-related information that improves their ability to trade internationally. The platform will also help policymakers design measures tailored to the needs of small companies.
- Negotiations on services domestic regulation conclude successfully in GenevaHeads of Geneva delegations from the 67 WTO members participating in the Joint Initiative on Services Domestic Regulation announced on 2 December the successful conclusion of negotiations aimed at slashing administrative costs and creating a more transparent operating environment for service providers hoping to do business in foreign markets.
- Winners of “Digital Champions for Small Business” announcedFour winners of the “Digital Champions for Small Business” initiative were announced today (2 December) at an event organized by the Informal Working Group on Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs), the International Trade Centre (ITC) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). Launched on World MSMEs Day on 25 June 2021, the initiative aims […]
- DG calls on members to agree on pandemic response, fisheries subsidies by end-FebruaryFollowing last week’s eleventh-hour decision by WTO members to postpone the 12th Ministerial Conference, negotiations are continuing in Geneva, and Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala today (2 December) urged delegation heads to redouble their efforts to bridge differences. She called on them to conclude agreements on the WTO system’s response to pandemics as well as on curbing […]
- DDG Ellard cites importance of business engagement with the WTOSpeaking on 1 December at the launch event of the Business Coalition for Trade, Employment & Sustainable Development, organised by the International Organisation of Employers, Deputy Director-General Angela Ellard discussed the role of international trade in the economic recovery from COVID-19. She also outlined how business can support the WTO and play a role in […]
- More than two-thirds of WTO membership now part of investment facilitation negotiationsThe announcement by eight WTO members of their decision to join the negotiations for an Agreement on Investment Facilitation for Development brings the number of participants to over 110. The decision by Albania, Georgia, the Maldives, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Uganda and Zimbabwe was revealed on 30 November at a Heads of Delegations’ […]
- HotForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsHotForex (HF Markets ltd) is an online forex and commodities trader. It was established in 2010, and has… The post HotForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ThinkMarkets Forex Trading Review – Pros, Cons and Important FindingsThinkMarkets is a forex broker that has set itself above the competition by heavily investing in the technology… The post ThinkMarkets Forex Trading Review – Pros, Cons and Important Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- LiteForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsLiteForex Europe ltd is an online trading platform and brokerage. Established in 2008, the company has grown and… The post LiteForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ATC Brokers Forex Trading Review 2021 – Key Facts and FindingsATC Brokers is an international forex broker. It was established in 2012 in London and has since established… The post ATC Brokers Forex Trading Review 2021 – Key Facts and Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- FXOpen Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsFXOpen AU Pty ltd is an international forex broker that trades globally. The firm has been around for… The post FXOpen Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- How the Forex Market Works and Why is It so Popular?At the outset of their trading career, many prospective traders would have difficulty wrapping their heads on how… The post How the Forex Market Works and Why is It so Popular? appeared first on Open Europe.
- Admiral Markets Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Important Facts and FindingsAdmiral Markets UK ltd is an international broker. The firm has established itself as an award-winning broker which… The post Admiral Markets Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Important Facts and Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- GKFX Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsFounded in 2008, GKFX Financial Services has fast evolved and established itself as a reliable CFD broker. The… The post GKFX Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ActiveTrades Forex Trading Review 2021 – Inspect Before Stepping InFounded in 2001, ActivTrades PLC has eventually made its way to the top as a global forex broker.… The post ActiveTrades Forex Trading Review 2021 – Inspect Before Stepping In appeared first on Open Europe.
- TradeStation Global Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Facts, Findings, and FAQsTradeStation Global is a combined product of TradeStation and Interactive Brokers (IB) that is designed for clients residing… The post TradeStation Global Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Facts, Findings, and FAQs appeared first on Open Europe.