- A Conversation With Minister Naledi Pandor of South AfricaMinister Naledi Pandor discusses the state of democracy in Sub-Saharan Africa, the South African response to COVID-19 along with lessons learned for the future, and the country’s role as a leader in the region.
- A Conversation With President Barham Salih of IraqPresident Barham Salih discusses Iraq's role in regional conflicts and its relationship with the United States.
- A Conversation With Foreign Minister Chung Eui-yong of the Republic of KoreaSouth Korean Foreign Minister Chung Eui-yong discusses the peace process on the Korean peninsula, South Korea’s role in the Asia-Pacific and on the global front, and the ROK-U.S. comprehensive partnership.
- A Conversation With Taoiseach Micheál Martin of IrelandTaoiseach Micheál Martin discusses what he will prioritize while Ireland holds the UN Security Council presidency, the future of transatlantic relations, and Ireland's approach to Brexit.
- The Future of Pakistan-U.S. Relations: A Conversation With Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi of PakistanForeign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi of Pakistan discusses Pakistan's relationship with the United States and the quest for peace and stability in the region.
- World Economic UpdateThe World Economic Update highlights the quarter’s most important and emerging trends. Discussions cover changes in the global marketplace with special emphasis on current economic events and their implications for U.S. policy. This series is presented by the Maurice R. Greenberg Center for Geoeconomic Studies and is dedicated to the life and work of the distinguished economist Martin Feldstein.
- Academic Webinar: Race in America and International RelationsTravis L. Adkins, deputy assistant administrator for Africa at USAID and lecturer of African and security studies at the Walsh School of Foreign Service and in the Prisons and Justice Initiative at Georgetown University, and Brenda Gayle Plummer, professor of history at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, led a conversation on race in America and international […]
- Reporting on COVID-19
- Why Economics Needs AnthropologistsGillian Tett, chair of the editorial board (U.S.) of the Financial Times, is the author of Anthro-Vision: A New Way to See in Business and Life. She discusses what economists miss when studying consumers, businesses, markets, and the wider economy using only massed data and abstract theories. She argues that economics can benefit enormously from anthropological perspectives or perspectives derived from the close-up study […]
- Centennial Speaker Series Session 5: Comparative Demographic Trends & Their ImplicationsNicholas Eberstadt discusses U.S. demographic exceptionalism and how demographic trends will drive policymaking in the 21st century. This meeting is the fifth session in CFR’s speaker series, The 21st Century World: Big Challenges & Big Ideas, which features some of today’s leading thinkers and tackles issues that will define this century. The series commemorates CFR’s centennial and will […]
Clifton Lodge Hotel High Wycombe Bucks
Published 26th April 2017 | By admin
Tel 01494 440095
- Lithuania gives EUR 30,000 to strengthen developing countries’ negotiating capacitiesLithuania has given EUR 30,000 (close to CHF 32,000) in 2021 to finance training and other capacity-building activities for government officials from developing countries and least-developed countries (LDCs). Lithuania’s Permanent Representative to the WTO, Donatas Tamulaitis, confirmed the contribution at a meeting with the Director-General, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on 27 September at the WTO.
- Items proposed for consideration at the next meeting of Dispute Settlement BodyThe WTO Secretariat has circulated a meeting notice and list of items proposed for the next meeting, on 27 September 2021, of the Dispute Settlement Body, which consists of all WTO members and oversees legal disputes among them. The meeting notice is circulated in the form of a document officially called an “airgram”.
- DG Okonjo-Iweala: Vaccine policy key to sustainable economic and trade recoverySpeaking at the virtual White House Global COVID-19 Summit on 22 September, Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said sustainable economic and trade recovery can only be achieved with a policy that ensures rapid global access to vaccines. “We have a choice,” she said. “Either we converge downwards by allowing the virus to drag us all back down, […]
- Global services trade recovering but below pre-pandemic levels, WTO barometer indicatesThe recovery in global services trade looks set to extend into the third quarter of 2021. However, expansion could proceed along a lower trajectory if the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic turns out to be long-lasting, the WTO’s Services Trade Barometer released on 23 September indicates.
- DG Okonjo-Iweala encouraged by support voiced for WTO during US visitWTO Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala concluded a whirlwind four-day official visit to the United States on 23 September, meeting with heads of state, senior US officials, members of Congress and representatives from US business and labour groups during her stops in New York City and Washington DC. She was encouraged by the strong degree of support […]
- DG Okonjo-Iweala: Leverage trade to build sustainable food systemsIn a video message to the United Nations’ Food Systems Summit on 23 September, Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala underscored the importance of international trade in building sustainable food systems. Noting the opportunity provided by the 12th Ministerial Conference in late November to make progress on critical agricultural issues, she called on world leaders to support and […]
- Trade thoughts, from Geneva, by DDG Anabel González
- Access to COVID-19 vaccine, ministerial outcomes key to driving development in LLDCsDeputy Director-General Xiangchen Zhang called on the global community to increase the access of landlocked developing countries (LLDCs) to the COVID-19 vaccine and to achieve outcomes at the WTO’s 12th Ministerial Conference that will support sustainable development. DDG Zhang was speaking at the LLDC ministerial meeting held virtually on the margins of the UN General […]
- Applications open for online workshop on Government Procurement AgreementGovernment officials from WTO members are invited to submit applications to take part in the 2021 Advanced Global e-Workshop on the Agreement on Government Procurement to be held virtually from 25 October to 26 November 2021. The purpose of the workshop is to develop participants’ familiarity with the Agreement on Government Procurement 2012 (GPA 2012) […]
- Trade Policy Review: SingaporeThe eighth review of the trade policies and practices of Singapore takes place on 22 and 24 September 2021. The basis for the review is a report by the WTO Secretariat and a report by the Government of Singapore.
- HotForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsHotForex (HF Markets ltd) is an online forex and commodities trader. It was established in 2010, and has… The post HotForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ThinkMarkets Forex Trading Review – Pros, Cons and Important FindingsThinkMarkets is a forex broker that has set itself above the competition by heavily investing in the technology… The post ThinkMarkets Forex Trading Review – Pros, Cons and Important Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- LiteForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsLiteForex Europe ltd is an online trading platform and brokerage. Established in 2008, the company has grown and… The post LiteForex Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ATC Brokers Forex Trading Review 2021 – Key Facts and FindingsATC Brokers is an international forex broker. It was established in 2012 in London and has since established… The post ATC Brokers Forex Trading Review 2021 – Key Facts and Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- FXOpen Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsFXOpen AU Pty ltd is an international forex broker that trades globally. The firm has been around for… The post FXOpen Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- How the Forex Market Works and Why is It so Popular?At the outset of their trading career, many prospective traders would have difficulty wrapping their heads on how… The post How the Forex Market Works and Why is It so Popular? appeared first on Open Europe.
- Admiral Markets Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Important Facts and FindingsAdmiral Markets UK ltd is an international broker. The firm has established itself as an award-winning broker which… The post Admiral Markets Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Important Facts and Findings appeared first on Open Europe.
- GKFX Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading PlatformsFounded in 2008, GKFX Financial Services has fast evolved and established itself as a reliable CFD broker. The… The post GKFX Review – 2021’s Best Forex Trading Platforms appeared first on Open Europe.
- ActiveTrades Forex Trading Review 2021 – Inspect Before Stepping InFounded in 2001, ActivTrades PLC has eventually made its way to the top as a global forex broker.… The post ActiveTrades Forex Trading Review 2021 – Inspect Before Stepping In appeared first on Open Europe.
- TradeStation Global Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Facts, Findings, and FAQsTradeStation Global is a combined product of TradeStation and Interactive Brokers (IB) that is designed for clients residing… The post TradeStation Global Forex Trading Platform Review 2021 – Facts, Findings, and FAQs appeared first on Open Europe.